The people of Los Angeles can feel safer knowing that the LAPD is cracking down on illegal carts selling bacon-wrapped hot dogs. Tom Andrews of LAist snapped these photos of hot dog carts being confiscated and thrown into the back of a garbage truck. One point for public health, but a stab to the heart of bacon-wrapped hot dog lovers everywhere.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Transform Your Leftover Turkey Into Crispy, Juicy Carnitas
- Leftovers Are the Best Part: 20 Recipes for the Day After Thanksgiving
- Ghosts of Thanksgivings Past: Our Highest Highs and Lowest Lows
- The Food Lab: How to Make a Gooey Apple Pie
- The Pressure Cooker Makes Rich, Hearty Ragù Bolognese in Record Time