The people of Los Angeles can feel safer knowing that the LAPD is cracking down on illegal carts selling bacon-wrapped hot dogs. Tom Andrews of LAist snapped these photos of hot dog carts being confiscated and thrown into the back of a garbage truck. One point for public health, but a stab to the heart of bacon-wrapped hot dog lovers everywhere.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- How to Make Ribollita, an Italian Vegetable Soup That's Also a Pancake
- What to Make With Campari: 16 Cocktails Everyone Should Know
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Cookbook Love Letter: Tom Colicchio's Think Like a Chef
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)