The people of Los Angeles can feel safer knowing that the LAPD is cracking down on illegal carts selling bacon-wrapped hot dogs. Tom Andrews of LAist snapped these photos of hot dog carts being confiscated and thrown into the back of a garbage truck. One point for public health, but a stab to the heart of bacon-wrapped hot dog lovers everywhere.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops