It's hard for me to look at one of Jessie Oleson's drawings of anthropomorphized baked goods and not let out an aw-filled squeal. Her illustration of little Luxembourgers (similar to macarons) mistaking a hamburger for their mommy is ridiculously adorable. The Luxembourgers are so hopeful; the hamburger, so indifferent. You can buy this illustration at Jessie's Etsy shop.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Special Sauce: Carla Hall on Crank Calls, Hot Chicken, and Unlocking Your Creativity
- 7 Great Uses for a Fine-Mesh Strainer (Besides Straining)