Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, Julie Besonen hips us to a couple of Santa Barbara taquerias that sound awesome, including El Bajío for its "sensational seafood soups, fresh moles and well-seasoned, slow-roasted meats," and Los Arroyos, "famous for warm, freshly cut chips and creamy guacamole heaped in a molcajete."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum