Food portions today are obviously larger than before, but by how much? Look at these pictures of food portions from 20 years ago next to today's versions; it's like comparing a kid-sized portion to the adult counterpart. Except that was the adult-sized version. It's not necessarily alarming to see, but might make you think twice the next time you go for a large Starbucks mocha or bucket of popcorn.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- We Aged Eggnog for 1 Year to See if It's Worth the Wait
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- How to Make Boston Baked Beans, the Low, Slow, Old-Fashioned Way
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous Vide Halibut