No tree nuts, nutmeg, mace, cardamom, buckwheat, apples, pineapples, pears, peaches, nectarines, apricots, eggplant, seeds of citrus fruits, or poppy seeds: a tough set of guidelines for a chef to work with. Nonetheless, two friends whose food-allergy lists comprise this impressive litany decided to try their luck at three very different restaurants. They emerged safe and satisfied enough to produce a pleased review for New York magazine.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum