No tree nuts, nutmeg, mace, cardamom, buckwheat, apples, pineapples, pears, peaches, nectarines, apricots, eggplant, seeds of citrus fruits, or poppy seeds: a tough set of guidelines for a chef to work with. Nonetheless, two friends whose food-allergy lists comprise this impressive litany decided to try their luck at three very different restaurants. They emerged safe and satisfied enough to produce a pleased review for New York magazine.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast