Similar to private school uniforms, chef whites are fashionably bland by definition. There's little room for individuality, but that could change with a budding knife bag couture. Two years ago, the New York Times Magazine revealed that chef Barbara Lynch of No. 9 Park in Boston would manufacture a messenger bag-like tote with Velcro side pouches, able to store funky-shaped peelers, graters and other gadgets. Finally, it's now available for $160.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 35 Great Grilled Main Dishes for a Killer Labor Day Cookout
- Dinner in 20: Herb-Packed Lemon-Garlic Grilled Chicken Skewers
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter