How do you like your salsa? Fruity? Garlicky? Roasted and smoky? Spicy enough to pack a punch? Garrett, the blogger behind Vanilla Garlic, embraces all of the above with this chipotle-tomatillo salsa. It's adapted from a recipe by Rick Bayless in his cookbook Mexican Kitchen. Garrett entered it in an office salsa contest, but somehow did not win! We want more intel on this questionable other salsa conquistador.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique