Wendy is totally sobbing into her Frosty right now. The same billionaire company that owns Arby's finally bought her family's number-three burger chain. Ever since that woman in San Jose supposedly found a finger in her chili, it's all been down hill. According to Dave Thomas' other daughter (not Wendy, but Pam), the family is devastated.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum