In vitro meat: is it meat? PETA is set to announce on Monday a $1 million prize to the "first person to come up with a method to produce commercially viable quantities of in vitro meat at competitive prices by 2012." The decision caused a "near civil war" within the organization "since so many PETA members are repulsed by the thought of eating animal tissue, even if no animals are killed."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 24 Creamy, Melty, Cheesy Recipes to Warm Your Belly
- The Food Lab: 15-Minute Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Can Cinder, the World's Most Precise Griddle, Replace Sous-Vide?
- Forget Soaking. Use Your Pressure Cooker for Perfect Black Beans in Under an Hour.
- These Toasted Baguette Croutons Are Better Than Most Crackers