Twinkies never enticed me much, but cover them in gold metallic powder and I'm sold! Kind of. Each gold-covered, espresso or buttercream-filled organic chocolate cake made by baker Sara Magid is $6 a piece at Brooklyn-based boutique Jan and Aya, so it won't completely gouge your wallet to try at least one.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: A Mind-Blowing Technique for Cleaning Deep-Fry Oil Using Gelatin
- How to Make Oven-Baked Pork Ribs That Taste Like Smoky Barbecue
- Beautiful, Flaky Pie Crust the Old-Fashioned Way
- The Big Green Egg and Beyond: The 10 Best Kamado Smokers and Grills
- Win Your Next Potluck With Frijoles Charros (Mexican Cowboy Beans)