Better be careful the next time you dip your hand in a bowl full of jelly beans, 'cause what you thought was coconut-flavored could end up being tasting like... baby wipes. Just look for Jelly Belly's Bean Boozled, which contains two versions of ten colors. You have classic flavors like buttered popcorn, licorice, peach—and then you have their evil twins. Some are just nasty surprises, like black pepper in lieu of plum, toothpaste instead of berry blue—but others are just weird: what do pencil shavings even taste like? Then there's the downright cruel, with vomit replacing peach, ear wax for café latte, and boogers for juicy pear.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops