One reason I don't like eating street food in New York City is because I either have to eat it while walking or find a place to sit down before digging into my food as it gets progressively cooler. If I lived in Tokyo I could just eat ramen or oden in front of a cart on the side of the street, as seen in PingMag's feature on Tokyo's mobile food bars in which they interview a handful of food cart vendors about how they run their businesses.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- A Guide to Great Tomato Bruschetta, in Season and Out
- 31 Thirst-Quenching Drinks for Labor Day
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever
- For Your Inner Child: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes