Good news for lovers of saffron! Beginning in May, you'll be able to buy certified saffron from Spain's Castilla La Mancha region at your local Costco. Costco buyer Gary Kotzen says, "We want the best of the best, and we want to offer it to our members without them having to pay the premium. We'll bring it in, package it ourselves and offer it to our members at about one third or even one fifth of the cost of similar saffron."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum