Good news for lovers of saffron! Beginning in May, you'll be able to buy certified saffron from Spain's Castilla La Mancha region at your local Costco. Costco buyer Gary Kotzen says, "We want the best of the best, and we want to offer it to our members without them having to pay the premium. We'll bring it in, package it ourselves and offer it to our members at about one third or even one fifth of the cost of similar saffron."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Everything You Can Do With a Can of Coconut Milk