Daniel Gray of Epicourageous in Seoul visited Korean food chain Balena to try the portable food that you never knew you wanted: pasta in waffle cones! For as little as 2,000 won ($2.13) you can walk away with a cone of "Primavera" pasta, while meat-hungry eaters may prefer the 3,900 won ($4.16) cone stuffed with "Top Choice Chop Steak." Unfortunately, Gray didn't have the time to describe the taste of the pasta-cone combo—he was in a hurry to eat live octopus.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Extra-Juicy Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin