Jaden launches a campaign against the concept of hiding vegetables in your kids food with a recipe for Furikake French Fries. Furikake is a Japanese seasoning based on dried fish, seaweed, and sesame seeds. Jaden suggests using it on French fries to get kids used to seaweed—"THEN switch it up on them—sprinkle Furikake on steamed broccoli, spinach, tofu...whatever!"
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- The Burrito Goes Global With Chicken Vindaloo
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 3): 27 Labor Day Desserts to Save Room For