Jaden launches a campaign against the concept of hiding vegetables in your kids food with a recipe for Furikake French Fries. Furikake is a Japanese seasoning based on dried fish, seaweed, and sesame seeds. Jaden suggests using it on French fries to get kids used to seaweed—"THEN switch it up on them—sprinkle Furikake on steamed broccoli, spinach, tofu...whatever!"
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Shakshuka: A Template for Breakfast, Dinner, and Every Meal in Between
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- BraveTart: Homemade Cheez-Its FTW
- The Best Honing Steel (Not Sharpening Steel!) for Your Knife