Would a dark pink, rod-shaped piece of gum intrigue you much? Probably not. But market it as Franks Bubble Gum and you have a winner! Same probably goes for flat, disc shaped gum—Flat Gum Patties wouldn't make for an enticing name, but Bologna Bubble Gum? Yeah!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie