Tim Zagat suggests that his technique of concise summaries are more accurate and informative than user-generated reviews: "We try to make it nice and easy to read—in as few lines as possible.” Online companies “are running into the problem that anybody can throw up things on the wall, and after a while there are just too many people doing it.” In an article ironically titled "Online Reviews of Hotels and Restaurants Flourish".
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- Frozen Mezcal Paloma: The Bright, Not-Too-Sweet Answer to a Margarita
- The Food Lab's BLT Manifesto