My Seven Go-To Foods for the New Year: What Are Yours?
In light of my New Year's resolution to lose weight, I decided I had to come up with a list of seven go-to foods that I must always keep on hand to satisfy primal food cravings in a controlled fashion.
They must be foods that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and for me, at least, they must come in a preportioned package so that I am not tempted to eat more than I should. These go-to foods must have significant nutritional value, and they must be at least reasonably delicious and satisfying. They may change with the seasons, so today's list is a winter list.
I would welcome other people's lists and suggestions as well. But here is mine:
- Fage 2% yogurt with peach: I sweeten it further with two packages of Splenda
- Temple or Satsuma Mandarin Oranges or Texas or California grapefruit
- Kossar's bialys: 170 calories of toasted carbohydrate deliciousness
- Coach low-fat goat cheese: Almost all the flavor and lots of the creaminess of the regular Coach goat cheese with far fewer calories. It doesn't come preportioned, but I will limit myself to two tablespoons
- Minute Maid light limeade
- Häagen-Dazs raspberry vanilla yogurt bars
- A vegetable TBD that I can sprinkle with grated Parmigiana Reggiano. Any suggestions?