Vegetarians in Paradise offers some tips for vegetarian and vegans on what to put in their survival kits in preparation for the next apocalyptic disaster. Veggies are advised to pack Clif energy bars, liquor (for relaxation and antiseptic purposes), and "treats" for bargaining. The rest of us omnivores will surely be running around hunting for squirrels, going cannibal, and chowing down on canned cocktail weenies. [via BoingBoing]
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 24 Creamy, Melty, Cheesy Recipes to Warm Your Belly
- Forget Soaking. Use Your Pressure Cooker for Perfect Black Beans in Under an Hour.
- The Food Lab: 15-Minute Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Can Cinder, the World's Most Precise Griddle, Replace Sous-Vide?
- The 10 Dishes That Will Make You Fall in Love With Georgian Food