As announced earlier this week, the Culinary Workers of Union Local 226, mostly Vegas casino and restaurant workers, endorsed Obama. Yet another food and campaign '08 overlap. Beyond just thumbs-upping Obama, the union's secretary treasurer compared their choice to a Baskin Robbins trip: “Maybe you have a certain flavor you want. But you generally look around, don’t you? And you test a few.” Hm, better idea. How about ice cream just runs for president.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes