What's the best meat to use in a Spam musubi? Pomai of Honolulu-based food blog The Tasty Island tested Treet, Tulip, and Spam brand luncheon meats to find out. After comparing and rating their flavors, textures, and levels of deliciousness in musubi form on a scale of one to three, he found that each one had its own individual qualities (good or bad depending on your preference), but deemed Spam the king of luncheon meats.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Easy Cocktails: 35 Simple, 3-Ingredient Drinks to Make at Home
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous-Vide Chicken Breast
- The Food Lab: These Fried Chicken Sandwiches Take Only 5 Ingredients to Make