Menu for Hope 4: Cookbook Collection UE18
Or, 'Everything But the Bookshelf'
Each year, the Menu for Hope charity raffle brings together food bloggers worldwide in the fight against hunger. Bloggers offer prizes that readers may buy virtual raffle tickets to win, with the proceeds going to the U.N. World Food Program.
Serious Eats is offering the following prize, which you may buy a ticket for at this link: firstgiving.com/menuforhope4. (Tickets cost $10 each, and you may buy as many tickets as you'd like for any one prize or for multiple prizes; instructions on entering here.)
We call this prize Everything But the Bookshelf. It's a collection of cookbooks that should set anyone down the road toward kitchen self-sufficiency. It's got something for everyone—from a collection of chef's cookbooks to homey favorites. The first two books listed, Thomas Keller's French Laundry Cookbook and his Bouchon book, will be autographed. Click through the jump for the full list of books.
Shipping to U.S. and Canada only.
The French Laundry Cookbook by Thomas Keller
Bouchon by Thomas Keller
Happy in the Kitchen: The Craft of Cooking, the Art of Eating by Michel Richard
The Young Man and the Sea: Recipes and Crispy Fish Tales from Esca by David Pasternack, Ed Levine, Christopher Hirsheimer
Frank Stitt's Southern Table : Recipes and Gracious Traditions from Highlands Bar and Grill by Frank Stitt, Pat Conroy, Christopher Hirscheimer
Vegetable Love by Barbara Kafka, Christopher Styler
A Tale of 12 Kitchens: Family Cooking in Four Countries by Jake Tilson
Kitchen of Light: The New Scandinavian Cooking by Andreas Viestad
Pure Dessert by Alice Medrich
Mangoes & Curry Leaves: Culinary Travels Through the Great Subcontinent by Jeffrey Alford, Naomi Duguid
Silver Palate Cookbook 25th Anniversary Edition by Julee Rosso, Sheila Lukins
The New Basics Cookbook by Julee Rosso, Sheila Lukins
What Can I Bring? Cookbook by Anne Byrn
The Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn
BBQ USA: 425 Fiery Recipes from All Across America by Steven Raichlen
Bistro Cooking by Patricia Wells
You can purchase a chance to win this collection for the low, low price of $10. Just remember that this collection's prize code is UE18, then follow these instructions:
If you're interested in buying into the raffle, here's what you need to do:
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at http://www.chezpim.com/blogs/2007/12/menu-for-hope-4.html
2. Go to the donation site at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhope4 and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code:
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02. Example:
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday, January 9 for the results of the raffle.
Thanks for your participation, and good luck in the raffle!