Morgan Moore's homemade peppermint marshmallows look perfect for the holiday season. If you've never made marshmallows before, start by watching Design Sponge's marshmallow-making video tutorial. Swirl red food coloring into the surface of the marshmallow batter to get the marbled look.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- 22 Supermarket Items You Should Leave on the Shelf (and What to Get Instead)
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials