a story in today's New York Times magazine, the reporter, Zev Chafets, offers to take Mike Huckabee to lunch at any restaurant in New York. Huckabee first requests T.G.I. Friday's. Chafats vetoes that, so they end up at Huckabee's second choice, the Olive Garden in Times Square. Huckabee clearly needs a culinary adviser. He's a fisherman and he watches his weight, so he probably would have enjoyed Esca.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day