Each year, the Menu for Hope charity raffle brings together food bloggers worldwide in the fight against hunger. Bloggers offer prizes that readers may buy virtual raffle tickets to win, with the proceeds going to the U.N. World Food Program.
Serious Eats is offering the following prize, which you may buy a ticket for at this link: firstgiving.com/menuforhope4. (Tickets cost $10 each, and you may buy as many tickets as you'd like for any one prize or for multiple prizes; instructions on entering here.)
This prize was generously donated by Rhonda Kave, who owns Roni-Sue's Chocolates in New York City and consists of 1 tin of buttercrunch and a seasonal subscription of assorted chocolates. I'm not a huge sweets guy, but when Serious Eats founder Ed Levine brought some of Roni-Sue's buttercrunch in to the office, who do you think snaked most of it while the rest of the staff wasn't looking. That's right. This stuff is damn good. Ten bucks is all it takes to throw your name in the hat for it and other delights. Use prize code UE40 at the donation page. (Instructions on entering raffle here »)
Shipping to U.S. and Canada only.
If you're interested in buying into the raffle, here's what you need to do:
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at http://www.chezpim.com/blogs/2007/12/menu-for-hope-4.html
2. Go to the donation site at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhope4 and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code:
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02. Example:
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday, January 9 for the results of the raffle.
Thanks for your participation, and good luck in the raffle!