The Trail to the Chocolate Show
This is a slow week for chocolate news. Most American chocolatiers and chocolate-makers are busy hitching their horses to their wagons for the harrowing journey (either across the country or across town) to the tenth annual Chocolate Show in New York City.
Here who's expected to ride into camp by Friday:
- From California: Charles Chocolates, Chuao Chocolatier, Cosmic Chocolate, Guittard, NewTree
- From Colorado: Chocolove
- From Connecticut: Knipschildt Chocolatier
- From New York: Chocolat Michel Cluizel (by way of France), Chocolat Moderne, Chocolate Bar, Christopher Norman Chocolates
- From Oregon: Dagoba, Lillie Belle Farms
- From Pennsylvania: John and Kira's
- From Utah: Amano Artisan Chocolate
- From Washington: Theo Chocolate
And, of course, other earnest chocolate pioneers, from far and wide
The Chocolate Show takes place at the Metropolitan Pavilion at 125 West 18th Street and runs from 11 a.m. Friday to 7 p.m. Sunday.About the author: Emily Stone, a food writer and proprietor of Chocolate in Context, is a chocolate enthusiast, itinerant traveler, and a lover of literature who lives in Pittsburgh.