If you're a stickler for grammar, the phrases "eat local," "buy local," "shop local," etc., no doubt grate on your ears. They should, of course, use the adverb "locally." Language Log takes a look at these neologisms and makes a case for their use.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops