If you're a stickler for grammar, the phrases "eat local," "buy local," "shop local," etc., no doubt grate on your ears. They should, of course, use the adverb "locally." Language Log takes a look at these neologisms and makes a case for their use.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- A Guide to Great Tomato Bruschetta, in Season and Out
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits
- For Your Inner Child: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever