The Los Angeles Times tells you how to salt-roast, a cooking method that combines steaming and roasting and results in food that tastes intensely of its own natural flavors. It's easy to do in your own home; just make sure you have a bucket of salt on hand.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- The $7,000 Pizza Oven You Don't Need (But Really Wish You Had)