The lobsters escaped form their poorly secured crates, then "scurried across the floor of the supermarket and squeezed through the metal shutters covering the front of the store. The front door had been left open by mistake. . . Passers by alerted the police at 1:45 a.m. reporting a large number of the animals heading down the street."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- How to Make the Most of Late-Summer Fruit With Pie