The lobsters escaped form their poorly secured crates, then "scurried across the floor of the supermarket and squeezed through the metal shutters covering the front of the store. The front door had been left open by mistake. . . Passers by alerted the police at 1:45 a.m. reporting a large number of the animals heading down the street."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Is It Really Better the Next Day?
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- How to Make Ribollita, an Italian Vegetable Soup That's Also a Pancake
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew