Alison Cook and Robb Walsh, two terrific Texas-based food writers, are in the midst of a good-natured skirmish about Gulf shrimp. I have always assumed that shrimp shouldn't taste of iodine, and Ms. Cook agrees, but Mr. Walsh begs to differ.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum