You may not be able to fry an egg on the sidewalk, but you can bake cookies in a car. Nicole Weston of Baking Bites attempted to use her car as an oven after reading about a woman who bakes cookies on her Toyota's dashboard. After 2 1/2 hours of leaving her car out in 100°F weather, she was left with two dozen chocolate chip cookies and a delicious smelling car. If you have access to hellishly hot sunshine, try Weston's chocolate chip cookie recipe while following these rules for baking cookies in a car.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?