You may not be able to fry an egg on the sidewalk, but you can bake cookies in a car. Nicole Weston of Baking Bites attempted to use her car as an oven after reading about a woman who bakes cookies on her Toyota's dashboard. After 2 1/2 hours of leaving her car out in 100°F weather, she was left with two dozen chocolate chip cookies and a delicious smelling car. If you have access to hellishly hot sunshine, try Weston's chocolate chip cookie recipe while following these rules for baking cookies in a car.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Transform Your Leftover Turkey Into Crispy, Juicy Carnitas
- Leftovers Are the Best Part: 20 Recipes for the Day After Thanksgiving
- Ghosts of Thanksgivings Past: Our Highest Highs and Lowest Lows
- The Food Lab: How to Make a Gooey Apple Pie
- The Pressure Cooker Makes Rich, Hearty Ragù Bolognese in Record Time