After reading Bryan Waterman's definitive account of crabbing near the San Juan Islands in Washington I have a newfound interest in going crab hunting and eating the flesh of the freshly killed crustaceans. And by "going crab hunting" I mean "watching other people do the dirty work" since I have no proclivity towards handling live seafood and I'd probably get a finger pinched off after poking a crab in the wrong spot. But after all the catching and killing is done I bet the rewarding mountain of steamed crab tastes really good.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?