After reading Bryan Waterman's definitive account of crabbing near the San Juan Islands in Washington I have a newfound interest in going crab hunting and eating the flesh of the freshly killed crustaceans. And by "going crab hunting" I mean "watching other people do the dirty work" since I have no proclivity towards handling live seafood and I'd probably get a finger pinched off after poking a crab in the wrong spot. But after all the catching and killing is done I bet the rewarding mountain of steamed crab tastes really good.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 22 Supermarket Items You Should Leave on the Shelf (and What to Get Instead)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials
- Rethinking Vinaigrettes: The Case for Dropping the Acid
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling