Which Plain Potato Chip Rules? What's Your Favorite?
According to the New York Times, it's the Kettle brand lightly salted variety. I believe the attorney general's office should look into the Times rankings (just kidding). My only question: How could they leave out Cape Cod Dark Russets? For me, that dark brown crunchy beauty is so baked potato-y, so crisp, and just greasy enough that it should be enshrined in the National Potato Chip Hall of Fame, which unfortunately doesn't exist—as of yet.
Here's the Times's Top Ten:
- Kettle Brand Lightly Salted
- Cape Cod Old-Fashioned Kettle Cooked
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Original
- Herr's Kettle Cooked
- Troyer Farms Kettle Cooked
- Krunchers! Original Kettle Cooked
- Madhouse Munchies Kettle Cooked
- Original Lantchips Scandinavian Style
- Boulder Canyon Totally Natural
- Wise All-Natural