Although I know that pigs do not gleefully step into the hands of a pit master to become part of my meal, I feel no qualms about eating tender, smoky barbecued pork. Even after seeing the sign for Johnny's BBQ taken by Shani's Stuff, I'm still down with barbecued pork. But I would question what was going on in the head of whoever thought that the depiction of Porky Pig's frightened doppelgänger roasting in a hellish fiery embrace was the best way to encapsulate the essence of the restaurant. That was the most appealing idea? Really? File this under Suicide Food.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- How to Make Boston Baked Beans, the Low, Slow, Old-Fashioned Way
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous Vide Halibut
- Better Than Classic: Our Nordstrom-Inspired Tomato Soup
- How to Make Quick Dill Pickles to Top Burgers and Sandwiches