Although I know that pigs do not gleefully step into the hands of a pit master to become part of my meal, I feel no qualms about eating tender, smoky barbecued pork. Even after seeing the sign for Johnny's BBQ taken by Shani's Stuff, I'm still down with barbecued pork. But I would question what was going on in the head of whoever thought that the depiction of Porky Pig's frightened doppelgänger roasting in a hellish fiery embrace was the best way to encapsulate the essence of the restaurant. That was the most appealing idea? Really? File this under Suicide Food.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Send Off Summer Right: 28 Grilled Mains for a Labor Day Cookout