Although I know that pigs do not gleefully step into the hands of a pit master to become part of my meal, I feel no qualms about eating tender, smoky barbecued pork. Even after seeing the sign for Johnny's BBQ taken by Shani's Stuff, I'm still down with barbecued pork. But I would question what was going on in the head of whoever thought that the depiction of Porky Pig's frightened doppelgänger roasting in a hellish fiery embrace was the best way to encapsulate the essence of the restaurant. That was the most appealing idea? Really? File this under Suicide Food.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits
- Special Sauce: How Roy Choi Plans to Change the World
- Mortar and Pestle + Food Processor = Great Curry Paste, Fast