Food blogger Marvin of Burnt Lumpia whips up a breakfast recipe post that somehow manages to connect such disparate elements as ube (a type of yam popular with Filipinos), pancakes, and Prince—as in The Artist. The result is a flapjack with a golden-brown exterior and a heart of royal purple.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Send Off Summer Right: 28 Grilled Mains for a Labor Day Cookout