Food blogger Marvin of Burnt Lumpia whips up a breakfast recipe post that somehow manages to connect such disparate elements as ube (a type of yam popular with Filipinos), pancakes, and Prince—as in The Artist. The result is a flapjack with a golden-brown exterior and a heart of royal purple.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 24 Creamy, Melty, Cheesy Recipes to Warm Your Belly
- Forget Soaking. Use Your Pressure Cooker for Perfect Black Beans in Under an Hour.
- The Food Lab: 15-Minute Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Can Cinder, the World's Most Precise Griddle, Replace Sous-Vide?
- The 10 Dishes That Will Make You Fall in Love With Georgian Food