It's July 4th week, so we figured it's only right that the Cook The Book should revolve around grilling and picnics, since that's what most folks are going to end up doing at some point in the next few days. Taming the Flame, by Elizabeth Karmel, has tons of useful information and tips about grilling as well as some terrific recipes, and we are going to share both in the coming week. Elizabeth introduced girl power to the grilling set when she created Girls at the Grill. And yes, we're going to be giving away five copies of Elizabeth's book, so that the lucky winners will have the book in hand by Labor Day, in time for their next backyard barbecue blow-out. To enter the drawing for the book just tell us in the comments section of this entry what your grill of choice is. Five (5) winners will be chosen at random from among the commenters. The usual Serious Eats contest rules apply. Comments will be open until Friday, July 8, at 9 p.m. ET.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Here's Why McDonald's Burgers Don't Rot
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew
- Nachos for One? The Microwave Is Your Best Friend
- How to Make Ribollita, an Italian Vegetable Soup That's Also a Pancake
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)