It's July 4th week, so we figured it's only right that the Cook The Book should revolve around grilling and picnics, since that's what most folks are going to end up doing at some point in the next few days. Taming the Flame, by Elizabeth Karmel, has tons of useful information and tips about grilling as well as some terrific recipes, and we are going to share both in the coming week. Elizabeth introduced girl power to the grilling set when she created Girls at the Grill. And yes, we're going to be giving away five copies of Elizabeth's book, so that the lucky winners will have the book in hand by Labor Day, in time for their next backyard barbecue blow-out. To enter the drawing for the book just tell us in the comments section of this entry what your grill of choice is. Five (5) winners will be chosen at random from among the commenters. The usual Serious Eats contest rules apply. Comments will be open until Friday, July 8, at 9 p.m. ET.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- The Food Lab: These Fried Chicken Sandwiches Take Only 5 Ingredients to Make
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous-Vide Chicken Breast
- Turn Scallion Greens and Tomato Skins From Trash to Delicious Powdered Treasure