There's nothing quite like a fresh made tortilla, but if you've got to use one that's pre-made, this week's Taster's Choice panel over at the SF Chronicle's says Trader Joe's thin corn tortillas reign supreme over a field of thirteen. The judges said they "were "pliable and supple," if a little "flaky." And they had a "decent corn flavor" with "nice browning on the side." Mission's white corn and yellow corn tortillas took second and third place respectively; Trader Joe's thicker corn tortillas scored at the bottom of the pack, interestingly enough, along with Ranchero's.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right: 28 Grilled Mains for a Labor Day Cookout
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- The $7,000 Pizza Oven You Don't Need (But Really Wish You Had)
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later