In yesterday's L.A. Times, the normally skeptical Regina Schrambling practically gushes about the tasty, locally sourced foods being sold at airports. I'm sure Regina will lay into me when she reads this, but she practically comes off as a soft touch in this piece, and believe me when I tell you she is no soft touch. I have had really good barbecue in airports in Houston and Memphis, and some decent Cuban grub at the Miami airport. I am going to order one of the Derby pies Regina writes about immediately. What's the best food you've ever had at an airport?
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab's BLT Manifesto
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter