L.A. Times, the normally skeptical Regina Schrambling practically gushes about the tasty, locally sourced foods being sold at airports. I'm sure Regina will lay into me when she reads this, but she practically comes off as a soft touch in this piece, and believe me when I tell you she is no soft touch. I have had really good barbecue in airports in Houston and Memphis, and some decent Cuban grub at the Miami airport. I am going to order one of the Derby pies Regina writes about immediately. What's the best food you've ever had at an airport?
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Transform Your Leftover Turkey Into Crispy, Juicy Carnitas
- Leftovers Are the Best Part: 20 Recipes for the Day After Thanksgiving
- Ghosts of Thanksgivings Past: Our Highest Highs and Lowest Lows
- The Food Lab: Here's What I'm Eating on Thanksgiving
- The Food Lab: 15-Minute Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese