Wal-Mart sells more than 50 million pounds of shrimp a year, most of it from Thailand, where the company has put into place new rules requiring the shrimp to be farmed in environmentally sound ways as certified by Global Aquaculture Alliance or Aquaculture Certification Council.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast