I can't place my finger on it, but there's just something I really love about this illustration of a dream kitchen circa 1944. LR Monkeytoes found it pasted into one of her mother's scrapbooks from back in the day: "She not only cut out these types of photos but also ones of fresh fruit, a glass of orange juice and other foods not readily available in rural Canada in the 30's! "
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 22 Supermarket Items You Should Leave on the Shelf (and What to Get Instead)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials
- One-Skillet Korean Nachos Will Shake Up Your Party Menu