A Hamburger Today
Peanut Butter Stats
Some peanut butter stats:
- It takes roughly 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- Peanut butter is consumed in about 89 percent of US households.
- The world's largest peanut butter factory – Jif, in Lexington, Ky. – churns out 250,000 jars of the tasty treat every day.
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches before he or she graduates high school.
- Women and children prefer creamy, while most men opt for chunky, according to the National Peanut Board.