Some nutrition coaches charge people as much as $500 an hour to help them lose weight, according to the New York Times. As someone who's struggled with weight issues my whole life, those folks sound like a surefire way to lighten your wallet without shrinking your gut. I guess it falls into the category of "whatever works."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams