Fans of dark chocolate probably already know it's chock-full of flavinoids that help reduce the risk of blood clots and blocked arteries, but new studies are now saying that eating dark chocolate may be just about as effective at lowering your blood pressure as taking common hypertensive drugs like the beta-blockers Tenormin or Inderal. Are people going to like dark chocolate less when they're required to eat some every day? Is milk chocolate going to become a forbidden pleasure?
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast