the Fashion Week Food Diaries. Granted, the female model they chose to keep a diary is 21 and American and most of the alarmingly thin models of today are teenagers from the most impoverished parts of Eastern Europe, but it's still pretty telling that she had more to eat in one or two meals than the fashion editor ate in the entirety of her diary-keeping. Something to think about the next time you have a discussion about food, eating disorders, body image and the culpability of the fashion industry.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast