Veronica of the eponymous Veronica's Test Kitchen recently made the pork belly confit from Michael Rulhman and Brian Polycn's Charcuterie, and boy does it sounds like something I want in my belly RIGHT NOW: " The confit was crispy on the outside, the meat falling apart but it was the fat that held the concentration of flavors derived from all the spices -- a perfect alchemy of complex tastes that explodes with flavor with each bite."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- How to Stock a Turkish Pantry: Flavorful Ingredients Worth Seeking Out
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops