recently made the pork belly confit from Michael Rulhman and Brian Polycn's Charcuterie, and boy does it sounds like something I want in my belly RIGHT NOW: " The confit was crispy on the outside, the meat falling apart but it was the fat that held the concentration of flavors derived from all the spices -- a perfect alchemy of complex tastes that explodes with flavor with each bite."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef