I've never seen fresh turmeric before, which is probably why I hadn't realized it's a rhizome in the ginger family.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever
- Dinner in 20: Herb-Packed Lemon-Garlic Grilled Chicken Skewers
- 35 Great Grilled Main Dishes for a Killer Labor Day Cookout
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits