Momofuku on what excludes tables from the possibility of receiving the money piece, extra-special treatment for otherwise randomly chosen non-VIP diners: "Poor orders were not considered - no sauce on the side people, no special requests, no well-done meats. If they didn’t know how to eat, they weren’t going to appreciate what we were putting on their plates."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Shakshuka: A Template for Breakfast, Dinner, and Every Meal in Between
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- Seafood Fraud: The Turning Tides of an Industry Epidemic
- The Best Honing Steel (Not Sharpening Steel!) for Your Knife
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods