If you find yourself in Portland, Oregon, make your way to Voodoo Doughnuts after 6 p.m. and congratulate yourself on your good luck and good timing, because you'll be in the right time and right place to taste their famous Bacon Maple Bar. a) The name is misleading, it's more doughnut than bar, b) it's maple-glazed and topped with two strips of crispy bacon, c) it's about a dollar, d) it's delicious. As Yay Hooray user CowboyX says: "haven't you ever had pancakes and your syrup gets all over your bacon? it's a handful of Yes."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams