If you find yourself in Portland, Oregon, make your way to Voodoo Doughnuts after 6 p.m. and congratulate yourself on your good luck and good timing, because you'll be in the right time and right place to taste their famous Bacon Maple Bar. a) The name is misleading, it's more doughnut than bar, b) it's maple-glazed and topped with two strips of crispy bacon, c) it's about a dollar, d) it's delicious. As Yay Hooray user CowboyX says: "haven't you ever had pancakes and your syrup gets all over your bacon? it's a handful of Yes."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?